Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Suede Performing Live in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2013

I have been a fan of Suede since 1996 and since I am from Texas, I never got the opportunity to see them perform live until 2013. They actually played in Copenhagen, Denmark two nights in a row, and the first night sold out instantly. That gig was at a small venue called Lille Vega, which was supposed to be a very intimate setting, and something special to be a part of today, since Suede usually play much bigger venues. Initially, I did not have a ticket, but I was put on the waiting list, and the day of the gig, I got an e-mail saying that I could purchase two tickets.

So, I finally got to see Suede perform live, and it was amazing. :o) I stood in the front row and tried to record what I could and the footage came out really nice. I recorded 7 songs: Barriers, Animal Nitrate, Metal Mickey, We are the Pigs, Filmstar, Killing of a Flashboy, and Can't Get Enough.

Hearing We are the Pigs, and Killing of a Flashboy really brought me back to my early Suede fan years! It was really surreal. The band put on a great show, and Brett was really close to me. In fact he used the guy next to me to balance himself as he sang into the crowd. It seemed like tough work for the fan, since Brett moved around when he sang, but must have also been a cool experience for that fan. :o)

You can see what I recorded below!

          
         
The next day Suede played at Tivoli, an amusement park in Copenhagen, and it was just a whole different atmosphere. I could barely see, and the sound wasn't good. Some of the people there were also clearly not fans and talked a lot or were just plain rude. So I am so glad I got to see Suede at Lille Vega. If you want to watch what I recorded at Tivoli, the playlist is below. The songs I recorded are Trash, Killing of a Flashboy, Can't Get Enough, Everything Will Flow, Sleeping Pills, and Beautiful Ones.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment