Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Lost in Music

Welcome to my new blog called Lost in Music. I decided to start this blog as a way to share the music I like with others and any new bands or music related things I might find interesting. Music is one of my passions, and listening to something I love can definitely make my day become better. I would say my favorite bands are Oasis, Suede, Blur, Kent, Moi Caprice, Pet Shop Boys, Mew, Pulp, New Order, The Smiths/Morrissey, Depeche Mode...it's definitely hard to make a list as there are a lot of other bands I love as well. :o)

My first really true favorite band was Weezer. I loved the song "Say it Aint So" back in 1994 when I was in middle school, and it is the first Weezer song I ever heard. Here it is in case you don't know it.


I even joined the Weezer fan club run by Mykel and Carli, which was really special to be a part of. After the Pinkerton album I started to lose interest in Weezer, although I do check out the new stuff, it just hasn't been as good to me. I would still love to see them live one day if I have the chance. I'm sure it would be great!

I would say a big part of my vast, obscure music knowledge is thanks to having an older brother who is just as, or more, into music as me. So we have definitely introduced each other to bands, and that is why I know so many lesser known bands, but I have also discovered many on my own. It's hard to describe what type of music I like but generally I tend to like synthpop, indie, britpop, electronic, dance, rock, alternative rock, and even some punk, goth, ska, ambient, and glam rock, but definitely not just any and every band in these categories. Basically, if you stumble upon my blog and happen to like what you hear then I hope you will stick around to see what else I might recommend. :o) Feel free to recommend stuff you like to me as well!

Since I live in Denmark, there is a big chance that a lot of Danish bands I know may be new to you. If you didn't know there are so many great bands coming out of Denmark, and many of them just have a small following. It really surprises me, but there are tons of hidden gems coming out of Denmark.

This is a new band from Denmark called The New Investors that is a mix of surf and rock n'roll and pop. I have seen them perform live twice now and every song is really good. They still don't have an album released, but hopefully it will come out soon. This is footage from a New Investors concert I recorded recently.




I will also try to showcase new bands on this blog, like I just did, but also old bands that you might not know, or you might share the same love for, not just from Denmark, but from my own personal collection. I also plan to create playlists now and then, and I will share with you any concerts I attend, and any footage I might have recorded.

So, why the name Lost in Music? I chose this name after a song by The Fall. The Fall are a post-punk/alternative rock band from England that were formed in 1976. They actually have tons of albums, 30 to be exact, and each one has different band members. There have been 60 different members of this band, and the only one that hasn't changed is the singer, Mark E. Smith. He has a very distinct singing style. It almost sounds like he is half asleep or mumbling and it's definitely different. :)

If you want to check out the song here it is! It's a bit of dance mixed with rock and punk. It's one of my favorite songs by the Fall, it's kind of weird, and surprisingly enough it happens to be a cover!




Check out the original version below. What a difference!



More to come! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment